Monday, March 28, 2011

When's dinner ready?

Something that I often think of when I'm cooking is an episode of Rosanne where she takes one of the kid's classes (maybe Becky's class) to the grocery store and then to her house to show them how she feeds a family of 5 on the cheap. One of the students asks her when the meatloaf will be ready and she answers something along the lines of when the oldest/middle child starts complaining.

That's what cooking is like for me. I'm no master chef. Just a mom of 2 (4 year old & 6 week old) with little time and picky eaters. I read a recipe once, maybe twice and then just go with the flow.

Most things I cook falls into a few categories. Ready in 30 minutes or less (prep all the way to the table), quick to prepare but longer to cook (weekend cooking) and slow cooker cooking.

I'll post recipes but my measurements may not be exact. I hope you enjoy reading about my cooking successes and flops.

No comments:

Post a Comment