Thursday, March 31, 2011

Beef Tacos

Yesterday I went with beef tacos which are usually a hit here.

Ground beef (I used lean)
Taco seasoning
Veggies - Red pepper, Salad mix, cucumber
Salsa
Sour Cream
Shredded Cheese
Taco Shells (hard & soft)

Fry beef (no need to add oil) then drain off the fat.
Mix about a 1/4 cup of water with taco seasoning and pour onto beef.
Simmer (at least 5 minutes - I usually just simmer until everything else is ready.
Put beef & toppings on table and let everyone make their own.

TIPS: Every once and a while I buy a taco kit (use about 1/2 the seasoning pack and keep the rest for next time), its often a bit cheaper to buy the kit vs. the shells & seasoning separate. I also usually make double the beef I need and freeze 1/2 the seasoned cooked beef for another taco dinner.

RESULTS: The connoisseur gobbled down her dinner with no complaints.

No comments:

Post a Comment