Monday, March 28, 2011

Meatball Monday

So I'm 2 for 2.

Today I made meatballs (more or less from the Second Helpings Cookbook)

This is one of those easy to make but needs time to cook recipes.

Ground beef (I used lean)
1 egg
minced garlic (I used about 1/2 tsp of the kind from a jar)
salt (dash)
pepper (omitted because I couldn't reach it
Form into balls.

Boil equal parts gingerale (I used apple juice instead) & ketchup in large sauce pan.

Drop balls into boiling sauce and reduce to a simmer. Cover & cook for 2 hours.

TIPs: Serve over rice and pour some of the excess sauce over the whole thing. Meatballs also freeze well IF you have leftovers.

RESULTS: My little connoisseur asked for and ate thirds. A huge success. She also told me she likes everything I make for dinner and what was that thing I made yesterday again (the salmon patties). I'm feeling like super mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment